Please Note: We are not signing any new artists, songwriters, producers, etc…
Also,  we DO NOT license the music of Buddy Holly & The Crickets.

Many of the Norman Petty production master recordings are available
for licensing for films, television, games, and commercials worldwide.

We have silent footage available for commercial-use licensing:
* color home-movie clips of Buddy Holly & The Crickets on tour in 1958
* never-seen-before B&W footage of Elvis Presley, and Buddy Holly in Lubbock, TX (1956)
* color footage of The Fireballs (including promotional videos)
* Norman & Vi Petty


As an avid photo taker, Norman was in the thick of rock & roll in its prime
and captured some iconic shots along the way...
we have numerous wonderful photos that have never been issued or used in any form.

Not just artists he managed, but other personalities from the era including
The Beach Boys, Jerry Lee Lewis, Paul Anka, Alan Freed and others.  

What is the cost to license?

The cost of licensing depends on a number of factors including:

·       Timing/use of the track in the production

·       Overall production budget

·       Track/artist popularity

·       Term (i.e. one year, five years, perpetuity)

·       Territory where the production will be cleared (i.e. US, Worldwide)

·       Media (i.e. Home Video/DVD, TV, internet, theatrical)

We do not license for non-commercial use (such as internet blogs or hobby productions).

We are more than willing to work with you to have it legally featured in your production.
No matter how big or small your commercial project is, simply give us a write with the above details.

It is a common misconception that because you have purchased a CD or own an album, that somehow you have the right to freely share,
upload or use it via the internet. This is false. Give this page a read:

It is also a false belief that most of these recordings have their copyrights expired or are public domain in overseas countries.
Copyrights for recordings under Norman Petty companies have been renewed.

In fact, it is EASY to legitimately license our music for COMMERCIAL use!

What is Music Licensing?

Music licensing grants the rights to use copyrighted music recordings within films, television programs, commercials, video games and other visual mediums.
To license a piece of music for a project, rights need to be secured from two separate entities.

We (the record company) control the master rights (the actual recording of the music).
The music publisher controls the composition (the written song) and negotiates on behalf of the writers for the synchronization rights.

Licenses must be secured from both parties. To secure the "master use" license for one of our tracks, please submit a request through this website.
You must obtain them separately from the publishers. You should also confirm the publishing information when you contact them to get the rights.

Dundee and Petty Publishing control a majority of the copyrights and in those cases Nor-Va-Jak can help expedite clearing those.
"One Stop" for paying projects and duel licensing request are welcomed.