The Fireballs Discography
© Nor-Va-Jak Music
If you wish to copy any of this information, keep it classy & simply write for permission
FIREBALLS (Raton, NM)
George Tomsco (lead guitar), Stan Lark (bass)
Danny Trammel (rhythm guitar on 1959 recordings)
Eric Budd (drums, 1957-1962) replaced by Doug Roberts (1963-1969)
Chuck Tharp (vocals, rhythm guitar; 1957-July 1960) replaced by Jimmy Gilmer (vocals, guitar) in August 1960
- Fireball / I Don't Know (Kapp 248) [rel. 01/15/1959]
- Torquay / Cry Baby (Top Rank RA-2008) [rel. 08/1959]
- Bulldog / Nearly Sunrise (Top Rank RA-2026) [rel. 12/1959]
- Foot Patter / Kissin' (Top Rank 2038 and in stereo as 2038ST) [rel. 03/1960]
- Long Long Ponytail / Let There Be Love (Jaro 77029) [rel. 06/1960] released as "Chuck Tharp & The Fireballs"
- Vaquero / Chief Whoopin-Koff (Top Rank 2054) [rel. 07/1960]
- Almost Paradise / Sweet Talk (Top Rank 2081) [rel. 10/1960]
- Rik-A-Tik / Yacky Doo (Top Rank 3003) [rel. 02/1961]
- Rik-A-Tik / Yacky Doo (Warwick 630) [rel. 04/1961]
- Quite A Party / Gunshot (Warwick 644 USA & Canada) [rel. 06/1961]
- Quite A Party / Gunshot (Yamaha Music Company YM 4B, Japan flexi disc) [rel. 12/1961]
- Find Me A Golden Street / Carioca (Stateside 151 in England) [rel. 1962]
- Tuff-A-Nuff / Blacksmith Blues (Hamilton 50036) [rel. 01/1963]
- Tuff-A-Nuff / Really Big Time (Quality 1508 in Canada) [rel. 1963]
- Sugar Shack / My Heart Is Free (Dot 16487, USA) [rec. 03/1963, rel. 05/1963] as "Jimmy Gilmer & The Fireballs"
- Torquay Two / Peg Leg (Dot 16493) [rel. 06/1963]
- Daisy Petal Pickin' / When My Tears Have Dried (Dot 16539) [rel. 10/1963] as "Jimmy Gilmer & The Fireballs"
- Pure Sugar / Young Am I (Dot 16583) [rel. 01/1964] as "Jimmy Gilmer & The Fireballs"
- Young Am I / Ain't Gonna Tell Nobody (Dot 16583) [rel. 02/1964] as "Jimmy Gilmer & The Fireballs"
Dot 16583 reissued with different A-side, then reissued with "Nobody" changed to "Anybody"
- Daytona Drag / Gently Gently (Dot 16591) [rel. 02/1964]
- Dumbo / Mr. Reed (Dot 16642) [rel. 08/1964]
- Baby, What's Wrong / Yummie Yama Papa (Dot 16687) [rel. 01/1965] group vocals
- Thunder 'N' Lightnin' / What Do You Do? (Stateside SS 418, Great Britain) [rel. 02/1965] as "Jimmy Gilmer & The Fireballs"
- More Than I Can Say / The Beating Of My Heart (Dot 16715) [rel. 04/1965) group vocals
- Ahh! Soul! / Campusology (Dot 16745) [rel. 05/1965]
- Wheels / Joey's Song (Dot D108, Netherlands & France) [rel. 06/1965]
- Rambler's Blues / She Belongs To Me (Dot 16786) [rel. 10/1965] as "Jimmy Gilmer & The Fireballs"
- Hungry, Hungry, Hungry / White Roses (Dot 16833) [rel. 02/1966] as "Jimmy Gilmer & The Fireballs"
- Ja-da / What I Am (Dot 16834) [rel. 02/1966]
- All I Do Is Dream Of You / Ain't That Rain (Dot 16881) [rel. /05/1966] as "Jimmy Gilmer & The Fireballs"
- Torquay Two / Say I Am (Dot 16918) [rel. 08/1966] "What I Am" was retitled "Say I Am" and reissued on Dot after Tommy James' version became a hit
This was the last U.S. instrumental Fireballs release
- All I Do Is Dream Of You / Your Turn To Cry (CNR F416, France / Frankie 112, Belgium) [rel. 12/1966] as "Jimmy Gilmer & The Fireballs"
- In The Mood / Ah! Soul (Ariola 19216, Germany) [rel. 12/1966]
- I Think I'll Catch A Bus (And Go Back Home) / Shy Girl (Dot 16992) [rel.02/1967] as "Jimmy Gilmer & The Fireballs"
- Bottle Of Wine / Can't You See I'm Tryin' (Atco 6491) [rel. 06/1967]
- Goin' Away / Groovy Motions (Atco 6569) [rel. 03/1968]
- Chicken Little / 3 Minutes' Time (Atco 6595) [rel. 07/1968]
- Come On, React! / Woman, Help Me! (Atco 6614) [rel. 09/1968]
- Long Green / Light In The Window (Atco 6651) [rel. 02/1969]
- Watch Her Walk / Good Morning Shame (Atco 6678) [rel. 05/1969]
- Hurry, Hurry / Chicken Little (Atco 700X, Canada) [rel. 07/1969]
- Top Rank REX 1000 EP, USA / Top Rank TEP 122, Sweden [rel. 05/1960]
Bulldog / Torquay / Kissin' / Foot-Patter
- Bulldog (Top Rank / Arteco, France) RES 122 [rel. 1960]
Torquay / Cry Baby / Bulldog / Nearly Sunrise
- Foot-Patter / Kissin' / Bulldog / Chief Whoop-In-Koff (Top Rank TRX-4516, Australia) [rel. 1961]
- Sugar Shack / My Heart Is Free (London RE 10.154, France) with The Surfaris [rel. 11/1963]
- Torquay (London REM-D 6047, New Zealand) [rel. 1964]
Torquay / Joey's Song / El Ringo / Chief Whoop-In-Koff
- Sugar Shack (Dot ZX-10,900, Australia) [rel. 1964]
Sugar Shack / Pretend / Linda Lu / Red Cadillac & A Black Mustache
- Sugar Shack (Choza De Azucar) (Dot 60.072, Argentina) [rel. 1964]
Sugar Shack / Suzie Q / Daisy Petal Pickin' / Almost 18
- Bottle Of Wine (Stateside OSE-1012, Australia) [rel. 1968]
Groovy Motions / Chicken Little / Goin' Away / Bottle Of Wine
- Bottle Of Wine (Stateside EPOC-40047, Israel / Capitol EPEM 10271, Mexico) [rel. 1968]
Bottle Of Wine / Ain't That Rain / Groovy Motions / Goin' Away
ALBUMS: (does not include budget releases on labels Crown which featured previously released material)
The Fireballs (Top Rank RM 324, U.S.A. & Canada; 39 / 672 New Zealand; TRL-8511 Australia) [rel. 06/1960]
Torquay / Guess What / Panic Button / Let There Be Love / Nearly Sunrise / Long Long Ponytail
Bulldog / I Wonder Why / Foot Patter / Blind Date / Kissin' / Cry Baby
Vaquero (Top Rank 343 (m) 643 (st) in USA & Canada / Top Rank 35-105 (m) in UK / Teenage 2815 in Australia [rel. 09/1960]
Vaquero / La Raspa / In A Little Spanish Town / Cielito Lindo / La Golondrina / Tequila
The Spur (La Espuela) / A Spanish Legend (Leyenda Espanola) / Jesusita En Chihuahua / La Borrachita / A Gay Ranchero / El Rancho Grande
Here Are The Fireballs (Warwick W 2042 in USA, Quality 1674 in Canada) [rel. 1962] contains previously released material
Rik-A-Tik / Yacky Doo / Panic Button / Nearly Sunrise / Foot Patter / Kissin' / Vaquero / Cielito Lindo / Tequila / The Spur (La Espuela) / La Raspa / In A Little Spanish Town
Torquay (Dot 3512 (m) 25512 (st) / Mode MIDS 16045, Germany / as "Play Torquay Two" in Canada [rel. 05/1963]
Torquay / Alone / Joey's Song / Last Date / Chief Whoopin' Koff / El Ringo
Wheels / Honey / Rawhide / Tuff-a-nuff / Dumbo / Quite A Party
Campusology (Dot 3709 (m) 25709 (st) in USA / as "Fireballs For Dancing" (Ariola 75 417 IT) in Germany / Frankie (L.P. 1004) in Belgium / as "Suprerama" (Supreme 190-330.061) in Belgium [rel. 05/1966]
Ahhh Soul! / Campusology / Daytona Drag / Evermore / Peg Leg / Sheezburger
In The Mood / Mr. Mean / Mrs. Mean / Gently, Gently / Mr. Reed / Find Me A Golden Street
World Wide Hits LP (Atco SD 33-241 in USA, London 8371 in UK, CNR Records ZZ1606 in Netherlands) none of the original String-A-Longs were involved. This is The Fireballs & members of Wes Dakus' Rebels doing the studio work.
More / Places I Remember / Love Is Blue / La Pobracita (Poor Little One) / Silence Is Golden / Black Grass / There Is A Mountain / I'll Be There / Blue Guitar / Groovin' / Black Is Black / Someone Stronger [rec. 09/26/1967 to 03/09/1968, rel. 05/1968]
- for The Fireballs work on Buddy Holly overdubs, see "Buddy Holly" entry